Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Halfway Healthy Banana Muffins

     This is my mothers recipe that I tweaked.  I guess somewhere in the internet she read how bad white flour is for you, so she is hoping to cut it out of our diets completely. But until then I changed a few recipes of mine using some whole wheat flour instead of white.  So as a compromise, I did a half and half mixture.






                            In the bowl here we have bananas, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.  Mix!! 

                  
                        This stuff smells sooo bad ( I hate bananas particularly when they are this ripe.)  At this point you can add chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or any other type of dried fruit.   


 Now right here is that 50/50 flour mixture I was telling you about before.  If you want to go all the way with whole wheat flour. Feel free, it's up to you.






                This makes about 1 dozen cupcake size muffins.  I'm only showing you half of them here.  I must say, for some reason the whole wheat flour in this recipe makes the crowns one these muffins wonderfully round,  They are very pretty once they come out.


                                           See?  I really love the dark brown one these....


Halfway Healthy Banana Muffins:

2 large bananas, very ripe
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon 
3/4 c. whole wheat flour & 3/4 c. white flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
 
     Mix the bananas, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl until everything is combined.  Mix in the flour, salt and baking soda until everything is just mixed together.  Line your cupcake tins with cupcake liners and fill them with the batter 2/3 the way full.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until they are springy to the touch.  Let cool on racks and enjoy.  Store in air tight container to keep fresh and moist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment or question! Happy baking!