Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blueberry Pie

Remember how I said that I had a lot of blueberries to use up?  Well here is a great way.  Blueberry pie. I found this recipe in my mom's well worn Betty Crocker cook book and I made a few changes to it so I could call it my own.
    I made this to bring to the same cook-out that I made the muffins for, and let me tell you this stuff was the bomb!  No lie, it was gone within ten minuets, it was craziness!  The next thing that I would like to try is making mini pies in those little cupcake tins, but until then here is my recipe for a darn good blueberry pie.  The best thing about his is that it is super simple, the hardest part was the crust but if you don't make it then you won't have that problem.  With that said, lets get started!



You need a bunch of blueberries for this baby so make sure your prepared.  This is very difficult so make sure you pay close attention.  Ready?  Alright, here it goes, I'll try to do my best explaining this very complicated procedure as clearly as possible.  Dump everything in a blow, mix.  



Now put into a pie crust and dot the top with butter chunks.  



 Drape on the top, hang in there we are almost done.  I know this is hard work.



Flute it.



 Milk it.



Bake it.
See how hard that was?


Blueberry Pie: yields one 9" pie
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. cinnamon 
6 c. blueberries 
Juice from half of a lemon
Zest from a whole lemon
2 T. butter
Pie crust of your choice

     Put the first six ingredients in a large bowl and mix.  Pour blueberry mixture into pie crust and dot the top with butter.  But the top half on anf bake for 35-45 minuets on 425°.


TIP: don't make the crust in very hot weather, otherwise with will be all droopy and hard to work with the way mine was.  Not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment or question! Happy baking!